The fewer ingredients being added into the mix, the easier making your slime is going to be. You always want the process to be straight-forward, especially if it's your first time going through the event of slime creation. Fluffy slime is both incredibly soft and stretchy, so it's perfect for those who prefer a more sensual feeling to their slime. Fluffy slime is a lot like some of those neat little foam-putty products you see in the store, except you aren't going to be paying a marked up price.
When you can make the fluffy foam for yourself, it's almost able to give you a sense of pride. Knowing that you didn't head over to the store and waste your money on something that you could make yourself should leave you feeling fantastic, even if it's just pertaining to slime. Fluffy slime is great for kids and adults alike because there really aren't any age barriers when it comes to something like this.
Will people look at an adult funny if they're on the bus playing with slime? Probably, but there is a saying that I like to refer back to in that case; different strokes for different folks!
While this slime may appear to be edible (especially if you're using tasty looking food coloring, such as a light pink), it most definitely is not. Don't allow your kids to consume the slime, and as an adult, you should already know better than that!
What Are the Ingredients?
The ingredients are very simple, and you may even already have all of them in your home. If you're somebody who wears contacts, you can rejoice! Contact lens solution is needed in this mixture, as it will allow the slime to maintain it's soft feel (without becoming sticky). You're going to need:
• 1 bottle of Elmer's Glue (about 4 ounces)
• 2 tablespoons of contact lens saline solution
• 1 to 2 cups of shaving cream (not gel)
• Food coloring, if you'd like!
The process of putting the slime together is very simple as well. It's essentially mixing all of the ingredients together, although you'll need to do it in the proper order to get the full effect.
1. You're going to start off by adding your glue into the mixing bowl, and if you're going to put food coloring into your slime, you'll need to do it now (alongside the glue).
2. From here, you can add in your saline solution
3. Add in your shaving cream until your desired thickness has been achieved
4. Knead the slime, and although it may be sticky at first, keep on kneading it
5. Eventually, the right consistency will be met, and it's time to play with your slime!
If you're new to the idea of fluffy slime, don't be afraid. Like any other DIY project, it's going to take some practice before you can perfect the process; then again, making fluffy slime is so simple that you may not need any practice at all.