Making slime isn't exactly the most practical process, and odds are it's something that you're going to be doing with your kids. You don't want it to be a lengthy and drawn out event, which is why we're going to keep things short and sweet with this article – we're going to talk about how to make slime, as well as the ingredients that you'll need in order to do so.
You'll always want to make sure that the slime recipe is one that kids can easily follow, but you should also be cautious and keep watch over your kids (if not completely take over at times).
What Do I Do?
The steps are quite simple, and as long as you're decent with measuring cups, there's no real way for you to fail at making slime. Some slime will be thinner and less viscous than others, but don't look at it like it's improperly made; it's just got a little bit of character is all! The ingredients are very simple, all you need is:
- A plastic tub or bin to store everything in
- Warm water
- A glass bowl for mixing
- Coloring of your choice
Turning these ingredients and materials into your very own personal brand of slime will require a bit of work, but nothing too crazy. Some would compare it to kneading pizza dough, except this is most definitely not edible. While food coloring can be added for a colorful effect, it does not mean that the slime itself is going to be edible. There is a way to create edible slime, but that isn't something we're going to touch on in this particular piece.
Without keeping you waiting any longer, let's get into the details. Borax is toxic in abundance and should always be handled with care, so be sure to supervise your kids at every given moment when you're going through with making slime.
The steps for making slime (more specifically, with Borax) is as follows:
- Put approximately 4 to 4 1/2 ounces of glue into the glass bowl
- Take 4 ounces of warm water and mix them together
- Add the coloring that you've chosen (if you've picked one at all)
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Borax in with a 1/2 cup of water, take this combination and slowly add it into the mixture of glue
- Stir the combination of Borax until it has completely come together with the glue, and a slime starts to form
- It's going to be quite wet and very droopy at first, but just keep kneading! It will eventually come together
At this point, you can say “ta-DA!”, as you've finally created your very own brand of slime. What's the point in hiking out to a store to purchase some slime, when you can make some for yourself? The ingredients are stuff that you would practically find throughout the house anyway (besides the Borax), so there is really no excuse.